Welcome to BBSN
We are an independent not-for-profit group bridging the gap between talk and action on sustainable living. We focus on helping people reduce their energy use at home and on improving health through gardening and growing food.
Our Event Calendar Please Click HERE
Our Next Event to be held on
Date and Venue: Thursday 31st May, 2018 at RSL Hall,
94 Albert St. Warragul. 7.00 p.m.
YOUR FUTURE WITH SOLAR THE POWER IS IN YOUR HANDS
- UPDATE ON BATTERY STORAGE SYSTEMS
- NEW SYSTEMS FOR DOMESTIC, BUSINESS AND FARM USE
- COST BENEFIT OF SOLAR SYSTEMS
- INFORMATION ON SHIRE BULK BUY PROGRAM
- Featuring -- Chris Barfoot, Project Officer, Community Power Hub, La Trobe Valley
- John Ballis, Grid Edge Pty. Ltd. Emerald
- Raj Maniher, Environmental Co-ordinator, Baw Baw Shire.
- Proudly brought to you by Grid Edge and Baw Baw Sustainability Network. Click HERE for more details.
Cost is $9 for members and $12 for non-members. A light supper will be provided.
We hope to see you there. A great opportunity to see what is the latest in systems, storage and
what is going on in the Valley.
Would you like to help the "STOP ADANI" Campaign, CLICK HERE FOR FURTHER DETAILS
Book a home sustainability assessment
OUCH!!!! GAS AND ENERGY BILL SHOCK!!
ENERGY COSTS BURNING A HOLE IN YOUR POCKET??
Here are some handy links and hints and tips that may help you save on your energy bills
Some of the activities we do:
- Home sustainability assessments
- Gardening group on Wednesday mornings
- Re-skilling Workshops
- Sustainable House Day
- Food Gardens Day
- Community Garden in Yarragon
- Film nights
- Informative speakers at public meetings
- Book discussion group
- Seedling production in our greenhouse
- Biogas generation with waste from the cafe.
We're constantly coming up with new ideas & welcome any suggestions!
BBSN started up in 2007 when a group of ordinary people from around the West Gippsland and Baw Baw Shire area were concerned with the environmental situation of the planet and decided to form a sustainability group. The Network has since flourished with over 100 members and hundreds of interested people across our region.
Venue hire - a room all to yourselves with a cafe to boot!
Hire our meeting room for a very reasonable rate of $35 for half day, $60 full day. Kitchen sink included, with coffee/tea making facilities, 50 stackable chairs & 5 trestle tables. Also available for hire are data projector, screen, laptop.